Monday, August 15, 2011

Bite me.

I'm interested in making the title of this post my new slogan. Too cheeky?

In other news, the bakery is slowly getting it's start as I perfect recipes each week. I'm planning to bake all the items I would list on a menu so I can get photographs of each. I don't even think I'd have to put words next to these photos, as they're unbelievably gorgeous (thanks, Dad). Behold. 

Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting (above and below)



Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Frosting

Raw Cashew Coconut Squares

(To see larger versions of these + the other photos of Little Bites' Bites, make your way over to the Facebook page and "like" it! http://www.facebook.com/LBBakery )

In general, the bakery is garnering many thumbs up on the fronts of food deliciousness, which may or may not be a word, and originality for the Lehigh Valley, PA area. Raw vegan cuisine has not yet founds its home in this region, but I do think there are more vegetarians and vegans than I'm led to believe. I actually think they're hiding, and we'll see how well come September 10th -- http://bethlehemvegfest.org/

Bakeries are everywhere, vegan bakeries are here and there, but bakeries with raw vegan options are few and far between (if they're here at all). I continue to look at this bakery's future plans, which are fuzzy at best, with a slight squint and a head nod. I still think I'm doing something that has potential and that I'm proud of. 

I still plan on making a few more recipes, and then finally sitting down to create my first rough menu with a website to follow. The focus initially will be on local orders with hopes of figuring out how my items will handle shipping.

Thank you all for your support so far. If it wasn't for your optimism, I would still want to do this. There is a chance in that case that I'd be slightly less enthused about it though. Hoping you all will follow the blog and continue to track my progress.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I found your blog via HEAB because I saw that you mentioned you were in PA. I live in Lancaster and was excited to see a Vegan Bakery. I need to look at how close your bakery will be from us. If you specialize in Raw Vegan snacks/treats I have attended several Raw Vegan support groups in this area and would love to give them your info. Let me know when you have menus or cards available!

    ReplyDelete